Thursday, April 07, 2005

"I am Sci-Fi"


Candela
Originally uploaded by cand3la.
I just wanted to say that I love everything Sci-fi. From movies to books and even conversation. I can easely follow any conversation about any sci-fi topic.

I think this started when I was very young. Since I can rememer I have been drawn to watch any sci-fi material. I remember that I found such materials extremely facinating.

I remember watching:

1- "Space 1999"
2- "Buck Rogers"
3- "Battlestar Galactica"
4- The original "Star Trek"
5- "The Time Tunnel"
6- "The Thunderbird"
7- "Astroboy"
8- "Mazinger Z"
9- "Lost In Space"

among others...

I remember getting out of school and rushing home to catch the next episode of "V".

I believe that a good dose of Sci-Fi a day is good for everyone. It is an easy escape from the day to day hassle and stress. It helps you escape for just a little bit from reaity and in doing so gives you a mini break or vacaton. It helps you disconnect and relax. Now I am talking about what I called Sci-Fi, beause many people include Horror as Sci-Fi. Even though technically it is Sci-Fi, I exclude this from the category.

So read a good book, or watch a good movie, escape from reality...

No comments: