Thursday, October 27, 2005

Hurricane Wilma: Update!


Originally uploaded by cand3la.
I will like to apologize for my delay in posting. As you all might know I have been busy with clean up from Hurricane Wilma.

I'll like to report that my electricity came back on last night. I did not have structural damage to my home. All I got from Wilma was two day with no electricity and phone. Also I got a broken water pipe which was fixed the next morning. I even got my cable at the same time as I got my electricity.

It was a little scary while we were under the Wilma but everything was ok right after. I don’t remember ever seen such shiny stars as the night before, maybe because the whole city was in the darkness due to the lack of electricity. It was beautiful!

One funny thing did happen to me while sitting at my house with no electricity; I was on my laptop’s battery writing my book when my computer said that I was connected to a low linksys network. I try opening my browser and there I was, online. I have no idea who could it be since there was absolutely no electricity. It was kind of freaky!
I open my AIM and started talking my favorite author Meghan Marco (Click here to view IM Conversation). Been online did not last but It was fun while it lasted.

I will like to thank all of my friends for your concern emails. My family and I are ok.

Thanks...

No comments: